Pages

Tuesday 25 May 2021

The chicks in Room 6

Last term Joe from a chick company called Living Eggs came to our class and told us that we would be hosting eleven eggs in our class room for only to weeks. We were all so excited for them to hatch. The eggs were 19 days and this told us that after two day they would start to hatch or start pipping their way out of the eggs.

The next day the eggs were not pipping and we were all so sad but we were very patient. The following day we were rewarded because after morning tea we spotted a tiny little crack on the side of an egg. The next day I was so excited to go to school and I have never been so excited to go to school before. 

When I went to school I saw everybody gathered around my class room and they looked so excited and happy.When my friend Maddy saw me she told me that some of the eggs have hatched, so I ran so excitedly and hanged my bag at the bag area. I burst through the door with happiness and saw the little chicks. 

In class time we asked Mrs Agnew our teacher if we could hold them today but she said tomorrow because they had just hatched. We were sad but we went to the library to see St Johns and learn how to take care of our selves. When we came back the rest of the eggs were hatched and they were so cute. We had to wait until they become fluffy and soft before we could move them from the incubator to the brooder. 

The next day we were happy, joyful and contented because we got to hold the chicks. After we did our diary of the chicks we got to hold the chicks again but only six 


people can hold them at a time and the rest had to wait patiently behind their chairs. They felt so soft, fluffy, warm, woolly and fuzzy. After two weeks Jo came back to take the chicks back to their mums and dads. We were getting a bit emotional and sad. We sadly said goodbye and went back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.